Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Night Out - The Roost

Well today was my first night out here at Maynooth.. And it was at The Roost..

Today was pay day for the PhD gang.. So they pulled me in as well.. Was good fun.. But man have to give it up to these guys.. They drink so much.. :D
I mean from 5pm to 12:15am.. :P

Watched the Chelsea Vs Barcelona match there. Was cheering on for my fav team - Chelsea.. Dint have my Chelsea Tee on though.. But Barcelona was a better team today.. They actually deserved to win although it ended in a draw which was good.. Hope we do a better job when we meet them at Stamford Bridge..
So ya we were 7 Irish, 1 Austrian and 1 Indian.. hehehe.. Was good fun..
I also happened to meet a mallu kutty, a very sweet and pretty mallu kutty there.. So we do have quite a few mallus in Maynooth now.. :)

Well its a Tuesday night and at a pub.. Reminded me of the Tuesday Night Beer Club back in Hyd.. :(
Miss those days.. Black Jack with the rock.. Sigh!!!
Was good fun with these guys.. So much part of their culture.. And the pub did remind me of 10 Downing Street there.. Although this place way way bigger..
There was a quiz as well.. 22 questions will be shown on the TV screen.. We cannot use our fones.. No cheating.. nothing.. We need to write down the answers on the sheet and return it.. And the team with the most correct answers win a gallon(8 pints I guess) of Guinness Beer ..
And people can give funny names for their teams.. Most of the team names that people had come up with had to do with b**bs.. Well what do you expect from a bunch of happy high guys?!! :P
I had 2 pints and boy it is way too much for my standard.. hehehe..
Well I think I need to sleep now.. Can't really see the characters clear.. And would end up writing some rubbish if I continue.. Why chumma take the risk..

So peace..

Chalo then.. Good Night..!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL !! Drunk Ricky = Soooooper fun! Miss you man! Glad you're having a blast out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't drunk..!! hehehehe.. But ya you spend so much time in a pub and you automatically get a kick.. :D

    ReplyDelete