Thursday, April 16, 2009

Played football in the rain..


I don't know if it sounds any bit exciting to you guys.. But, I totally loooooved it...!!
Its been a while since I had the time and patience to play sports.. And today when my PhD lab mate called for playing some football(soccer), I couldn't help but say yes.. I always carry a pair of shorts and tee, cos u never know when the need arises to play sport, any sport for that matter.. :)
It was also high time to get rid of the lazy bumbalaati inside me.. :D
When I reached the ground, it was raining, and it was in this enclose place with synthetic grass.. I thought people would wait for the rain to stop.. Heck no, they put on their jerseys and all were on the pitch by 1pm.. 6 a side, we played.. Ran, slid, fell, kept goals, did all that and it was quite cold too.. Was playing alongside people not in their teens.. Almost all of them in their mid 20s.. In fact few of them around their mid 30s or even 40s.. But the energy, the enthusiasm is no less.. The way they chased the ball where we would have let it go for a throw in and all was something amazing..

Also since my best bud noticed(and commented) that I have developed a couple of radial tyres around my waist cos of all the food and no exercise, it was time to do something about it.. :P
What other way than play sport..
Thoughts of hitting the gym have crossed my mind, but to be motivated enough to do that, er well.. Not happening.. At least for now.. :D
Ireland receives a hell lot of rain year after year after year.. And they so hate rains.. They always look forward to a bright and sunny day.. Something they rarely get..
Simply loved today...

No comments:

Post a Comment