Thursday, April 2, 2009

28th March 2009 - 1st weekend @ Galway

28th March 2009
Got up at about 7 and watched my sis make upma (salt-mango tree). It looks rather simple, now that I know the ingredients and its quantity. All this with the hope that some day I too will make it myself ad eat. Wonder how long do I wait for that day to come. :D
Saji Chets & Merry Chech were invited to the birthday party of one of their friend’s daughter (was turning 10) and was asked to come around 1 for lunch. Their house was on the outskirts of Galway. We 1st went to National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG). Spent some time at Saji chet’s room there and also went and checked the rowing competition that was underway at the river flowing right beside their campus. It was sunny and cold at the same time. Clicked some pics with Merry chech’s D60. I so love this came. I went click click click all the while
3 of us reached the B’day girl’s home in time and we saw all her friends come in. All of them were around 10yrs of age. Around 10-12 friends came. We had the cake cutting session which I was so looking forward to. After the singing and the cake cutting, I was the only one who took a 2nd piece of cake. It was totally yum. Lunch too was yum – I had some 5 appams with the beef stew and was too full to have biriyani. But it smelt so delicious and I knew I din’t want to miss this. 
We stayed back till about 4:30 and left after tea. Did a little bit of shopping for home and got back. On the way back, saw 10-20 nissan skyline going one afer the other. Guessing its some local club meet for skyline owners. For me the skyline is one of the hottest cars around.
Also saw a grey Audi R8. 2nd one of those after the red one I saw in Hyderabad at Novotel.
We watched Ireland-Bulgaria world cup qualifier on TV. I would have ideally liked to watch it in one of the pubs with large screens. :P May be next time, for the Italy Vs Ireland match.
Had dinner and slept.

2 comments:

  1. Tsk, tsk.. only 5 appams? This is not the Ricky I know from the brunches at Ohri's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehee..New place.. Unknown people.. What would they think... I had to behave myself.. :D

    ReplyDelete