23 March, 2009.. 4:30pm Dublin Time.
Touchdown.
At the airport I was received Seamus Murray, the cab driver. He was happing a display card with my name on it. He took my bag and took me towards his car. And among all the cars it had to be an 'S-Class'.. Was totally floored.. :P
He was a thorough gentleman, I bugged him with a zillion questions and also persuaded him nto not taking the boring expressway but instead through the country side.. Look out of the window and it looks more or less like those wallpapers we set.. Cows grazing.. Lush green grasslands, narrow roads.. Beautiful.. Am already loving the place..
Reached my B&B http://www.hawthornhousebandb.com/ .. Must say it was a beautiful place.. And a very pretty lady welcomed me at the door.. Showed me my room.. Was a really cozy room.. Took a shower in hot water after I donno how long..
Went out for a walk.. Went to a coin booth and called my Cousin in Galway to inform them I reached safe.. They informed my folks.. Infact I got a sim at the airport.. No id/address proof or the numerous documentation u would need in India.. All u needed was 10 Euros.. Really cool I say..!!
Was nice to walk around the streets which weren't many as Maynooth is a fairly small town. Since its just about 30km frm Dublin, lot of people live here and travel to Dublin for work..
University students form the majority of the population here in Maynooth..
Finally crashed at around 12ish and had a good nights sleep..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All checks inclusive on the 10 euros :)
ReplyDeleteya.. u can say that.. :P
ReplyDeleteBut you register u'r number online at the vodafone site and there you go they give you 10 euros credit plus another 4 euros chumma just like that.. hehehe.. funny..