Monday, April 20, 2009

Wonderful day today..First Russian date,almost.. :P

Well today was yet again a really warm and sunny day.. I actually did manage to sweat walking to the University.. Everyone looked so happy and nobody wanted to be indoors with the sun shining so bright outside.. So like most of the other people in the university, guys from my lab and me went out and sat on the lawns.. It was so full.. People everywhere.. Most of them lying on the grass, giggling, laughing, listening to music, laying football, reading a book, making out.. All this on the wonderful lawns.. Was really nice to be outdoors and so so many smiling faces.. :)
And today another incident happened.. As I was walking to my lab post lunch, I saw this girl on the corridor who looked really tensed.. She comes up and is like are you a computer expert.. She had a pen-drive in her hand.. So I guessed it would be a simple issue and said I am no expert but what is it? She told me about the drive that wasn't working and that the essay in a file in it was to be submitted by evening. Tried to open it on a few computers in the common internet place but then also checked in my lab computer. Was giving the same error message.. I Googled the error message and results suggested I needed to format the drive.. So noways it was opening but she also dint have the backup of the data anywhere else.. And she could not afford to loose it.. I ran out of ideas.. So when I right clicked on the drive, it gave the command prompt option..Never really thought of that nor knew if it would work.. I clicked that and gave the basic commands to check if any files existed and then copied that and all the remaining filed into my hard drive and put it back to her pen drive after formatting it.. She thought me some big computer guru.. Could see her eyes which had filled with tears and turned red, now change and she had a smile on her face and said you saved my life.. :)
hehehe.. too much of a comment for such a small thing.. So I was like 'so coffee?!'

naaah.. I dint ask that...:D

Well no.. nothing of that sort, just said a bye and thanks with a smile when she said 'may be I should buy you a drink or something'.. :)
So close to my first Russian date.. Some other time may be.. Sigh..!! elaam poch.. :(

hehehe.. Off to sleep.. Good Night and God Bless..!!

6 comments:

  1. When she said "'may be I should buy you a drink or something'", i know that Touch & Go song would have gone through your head.. "pa pa parrrra pa pa pam pa pam umm.. would you....? " (*_*) !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pha!!!
    Alavalaatheee..!!
    Chette..!!
    Ingane oro avaraatham paranjo enne patti..
    Bleddi fool..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deshyapettittu kaaryam illa.. allengil aarengilum parayatte. rickykuttan angane vijarichu kaanilla ennu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh..enthoru sneham..avante mattavadthe oru kuttan villi.. Bleddi buffalo..
    onn podai..

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)
    Yes child..!!
    Lime soda with extra ice please..!!

    ReplyDelete