Friday, April 17, 2009

Never say 'No' attitude..

We today I had been to the bank to start an account and there was this lady who called me to her cabin and she gave me the forms I needed to fill in.. As I was doing that, this is the conversation we had.
She: Hey Ricky, would you like to have some coffee/tea. [Now I feel that she was expecting to hear a 'No Thank you' from me]
Me: Yes that would be great [As usual]
She: Er.. Well I don't know if there is milk or sugar. Let me check. [Leaves the room, probably telling herself why did she have to ask that?]
Me: Oh, its ok then.
She: Oh well, will black coffee do if I cant get milk?
Me: Ya, that should be ok.
She(comes in with milk, black coffee and some sugar): Here you go, the lady outside was kind enough to share some[Some conference or something was happening outside].
Me: Hey thanks.

Finally when I was done with this and was walking back to my lab, I remembered what Nirmal told me one day. That put a smile on my face..
He was like: "Ricky, you never say 'No' right?!"
I was like, what the hell..If I am expected to say a 'No', it is better to not ask rather than ask for the heck of it and then hear a 'Yes' from me.. :D

This was when we were waiting at Bangalore Cant station for Kanyakumari Express to arrive and he suddenly asks me.. "Hey Ricky, you want a cup of Hot Chocolate?" Now please Nirmal, did you actually expect me to say a 'No' to that question? Bleddi Burger..!!

But thinking about it, guess I need to start using the 'No, it's ok' or the 'No I am fine thank you' lines a little more than I do.. :)

And macha, that internet guy still has 'back-end' problems?!! Me thinks you have to use your spoon/fork skills to ensure everything goes smooth.. You know what I am talking about :P

Well I need to get some sleep now.. Sooper tired..
Chalo then.. Good Night and God Bless..!!

2 comments:

  1. @ back-end problems - its sorted out
    & about you saying no, i dont expect you to say no to a chocolate drink or anything related to chocolate for that matter. (*_*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe.. Ya may be if you had asked for say.. er.. lemme think.. ya.. paavekka juice, you could have heard a 'no' from me.. Not for anything else..
    So mind it..!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete