Thursday, April 2, 2009

29th March 2009 - 1st weekend @ Galway

29th March 2009
Merry chech made a pakka Irish Breakfast - Bread toast, sausages, tomatoes, fruit juice and coffee.
Also, this happens to be that Sunday when we loose an hour and so we had to all set or watches and clocks to an hr ahead of what it was showing. We will be following this time until the last Sunday of October.
We wanted to go for a swim and got our swim wear ready. As usual I was shy about the fact I had to swim with out my tee on. W spet sometime at the University, spoke to folks back home and then we din’t realize how time just flew by. It was showing 3:30 o our watches. We din’t have lunch yet and our stomachs were grumbling. We came home and I belted the chicken biriyani that Merry chech had made. Was so yum, I just couldn’t stop. Finally when I was so full and couldn’t move, I stopped. Phew!!
Had a break, watched some TV and then we din’t manage to get ready for the 6:30mass, so decided against it as we din’t want to go late. Saji chets came with the idea of going for the 9pm mass in the University chapel. So we watched some TV, had tea and then left. Took the car and went around Galway, went to the bay, the beach and the walkway. They were all pretty places. While we were driving around, I was sitting in the backseat and clicking pics of random things on the road. Managed to click a pic of a Tata Safari, yes actually saw one today..
We then hurried to the Chapel so that we are in time. The chapel was quite different from what I have seen. And the priest there is one the funniest persons I have ever met. The mass was good, unlike the scene in England where Nirmal saw just 8 people in church all of whom were on the other side of 60s; here the chapel was filled with youngsters most of whom are students at the University. I have heard that in Ireland lots of them go to church although the numbers are lower than what it used to be say about 10 years ago. This is mostly because of all the abuse cases that have been doing the rounds which has lead some people to stop going to church and attending mass.
Came back home and I din’t want anything heavy, so had the remaining upma (from Saturday).
I think I should catch some sleep now. It 11:40 now and I have alarm for 5:30 as I have to catch the 6:30 bus which will get me to Maynooth around 9:30.
Good Night.!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ricky, had a nice time going thru ur blog..keep on blogging..i'll be a regular visitor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Thankoo..!!
    Ya will keep it updated..

    ReplyDelete