Just woke up after a long day yesterday..
Had a conference at Brook Lodge & Wells Spa at Wicklow

Everybody involved with StratAG had to present the work they are doing. Staff, Post Docs, PhD students.. Since I got here just about a month ago, I wasn't expected to speak as it is too early days to have a title in mind.. But I put in my slides as well with just some ideas so that I could get some good feedback from the people present..
The Conference Hall did look like a small chapel without a cross on top.

And boy after 27 presentation, we had what we were all looking forward to - Free Bar and Dinner.. :)
Had a pint of some local Draught beer.. An Irish PhD student looks at my glass and is like oh you having Lager and not beer?!! She identified from the color it seems..
Er.. Pardon my ignorance people but I thought Lager was a kind of beer and what I took was Draught beer??!! Anyways..!!
Anyways others downed one after the other.. Since I knew how good I am at this, stuck to the one.. Especially with all the wine that will be around for dinner.. :D
The dining area was simply too good.. Well lit up, with also candles in the middle, very pretty I must say..
Starters: Lobster+chicken+organic tomatoes+some sauce :)
Soup or Sorbet is what we had to choose from next.. Took the orange sorbet..
Lot of white wine all the way..
And had this beef dish for main course.. They had mentioned about it being hung for 21 days.. Guess older the better.. The Italian guy sitting next to me was like I think it must become rotten when you have all the bacteria growing and all.. hehehehe..
What a nice thought when you are eating that.. :P
Anyways finally got back home at 12:30 and crashed..
Exhausted is not the word.. But in 15min I woke up cos I had by now lost sleep and so I was trying to get some ideas for my research and now I got some thing done which I think can be useful.. Will show it to my guide anyways.. :)
Slept at 5 and now its 11:15am.. Need to have a heavy brunch and get to the University.. Will probably show that thing I made and see how best we can make use of it, if at all it looks useful.. :D
Enich veshakunoo..!!
Lemme go now..!!
:)
The place looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteWas gorgeous..!! Dint have a cam of my own, else would have taken some nice shots.. :)
ReplyDelete