Was in the lab for 2 hrs trying to read up some info about my theme.. LBS..
At 11. left for the train station. 11:31am, there was a train which goes to Dublin. Met up with the other guys playing in the Volleyball team. Ya we were going to UCD, Dublin to play the finals of the Men's Volleyball. We managed to get 6 players together as the others had their own reason for not being able to make it..
We reached the station in Dublin in 20-25min.. We then had to walk to the bus stop where we would get buses to UCD. Finally after a 20-30min wait we got a bus.. which happened to be one that goes all around the place before it reached UCD.. So were again late.. :)
We got the news the girl's team although a good one, lost in the semis to UCD who were probably the best team. But our girl's team were for sure 2nd best and should have ideally met them in the final.. Sad..
We had our match.. Against Cork IT.. They had a few players around the 6.4 feet mark.. These guys almost walked over us.. 25- 17, 25 - 12.. They beat us.. Total thrashing it was.. :)
We got our silver medals.. But we gave it off to the girls team.. They so totally deserved and were unlucky not to have got it.. So we gave it to them.. They were sooper maha kush..
Then another weird thing was the men's room.. As usual me very uncomfy about changing clothes in the open.. And here you had men just walking around naked.. Not a pretty site I say.. Women may be.. But this.. naah.. :D
So I decided to take the shower once I got back to my room. Not that I was sweating like in India or so.. Hardly any sweat..
So we took the train to Maynooth..
Then as part of a ritual we all headed to a pub.. WE decided to go to the one in Maynooth. O'Neills
In a pub at 5pm.. :(
These guys drink at anytime of the day..
So I ordered a Guinness.. We have to wait for it to settle down it seems. And as I sipped, it smelt like coffee. Also looked more like that.. And boy I dint like it. Its chumma over rated me thinks.. :)
Was good fun all the players.. people from different countries..
Americans, Germans, French, Egyptian, Australian, Irish, and 1 Indian.. :)
Spoke about various topics.. Cultures.. Everything.. Was good fun.. And about 7:45, the Italy Vs Ireland Football match started... And boy o boy the pub was crowded.. I have heard that people here are not into soccer half as much they love Rugby.. Ireland is the best in Rugby..
And also realized that they hate.. ya absolutely hate Italy.. :(
When the Italian got the red card, they wer up n shouting n so happy.. Wen Italy scored, I ws the only soul who raised my hand... Thankfuly I held myself back, dint shout with joy.. :(
I so love that team.. Anyways we were in the pub only til about 8:30.. Was my 1st day/night/evening out at a pub.. Was good fun..
Came back n crashed as my capacity is sooper bad n my head had a slight spin.. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And the teetotaler changes his mind in Ireland :P
ReplyDeleteWell.. When I quit my job, my best bud from hyd who was in UK for a while and friends and also my manager suggested that I have Guinness..
ReplyDeleteAnd it was BAD..