Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dinner at The Village

Think mine has become more like a Food Blog as it is mostly food related posts.. :)
Well today I had my PhD theme kick-off meeting at Glenroyal Hotel.. Had Professors from Vienna, Santa Barbara, France, Bremen and also PhD and Post Docs from China, Italy, Poland and India :)
Was good to interact with them once they were done with their talks as it kind of gave me a better idea as to the kind of research going on in this field both from an academic perspective and also from how we can monetize the work that we would be involved in.. Gave me a lot of insights into various such things.. So within the next couple of weeks I need to come up with my PhD title.. As on 23rd I need to present the work I plan to do.. So ya, now thinking about that.. Anyways this meeting was followed by dinner at The Village.. Must say its one of the most beautiful places I have been to.. Its about 10-12km away from Maynooth.. Very peaceful, very quite, lush green lawns, old building and amazing food..
Started off with the Bar as usual.. :D I chose some white wine.. Was fantastic.. Had some more.. Any day better than Guinness which I saw many people order..
Then we all settled down for dinner.. More red and white wine..
Starters: Duck Ravioli with spinach soup
Main Course: Grilled Cod with prawns and rice
Dessert: Duo Chocolate with raspberry sorbet

Followed by more wine and then a coffee/Tea..
aaaah.. Bliss I say..
Good Night..
God Bless!!

2 comments: