Thursday, April 2, 2009

27 March 2009.. First weekend in Ireland

27th March 2009

Friday means end of the week. Most of the week was spent in house hunting. Calling up people and checking new rooms. Finally found a good place for 260euros which is a fantastic deal for a double room. Checked out of the B&B and left my stuff in the living room of the B&B. I will move into my new place on Monday once I am back from the University.

5pm I ran to my B&B, picked up a few stuff and ran to the bus stop where I had to board the bus to Galway which was leaving at 5:30.

Finally boarded that bus and saw just about 5-6 people in a bus that can easily seat 40-50 people. The drive was amazing. The expressway and the some stretches of countryside roads were beautiful. With the slight drizzle, it looked very green. Either side looked straight out of a postcard, as scenic as can be. At about 8:50 reached Galway and it was not a tiring ride as I thought. Saji Chets and Merry Chech came to the bus station to pick me up and take me home.

Reached their flat, had dinner, spoke for a while and then crashed.

They have a very cozy flat with wooden floors. I so totally fell for their house..

2 comments:

  1. So nice... I can visualise your descriptions. :) Miss you Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asprin..!! Miss you too pal.. Find some excuse and come to Dublin for a bit.. :)
    Don't they have a Geo-Team here?! :D

    ReplyDelete