Friday, April 3, 2009

3rd April Happenings.. :)

Today as usual, got up late so had to hurry, thus it was bread and chocolate spread for breakfast.. Was a warm and sunny day. In the university, could see people just lying on the grass.. I din't have to put on my jacket as it was pretty warm..
Day passed by real quick.. Evening as I stepped to go out, I see it is drizzling and guess it had been raining for a bit as the roads were completely wet.. So put on my jacket with the hood to keep myself from getting wet.. Went around looking for the Indian store and boy I was so amused to see this Punjabi guy run store.. It had all the things you would get at a store in Kerala.. All possible masalas and powders, and ready to cook dishes.. I bought a pack of BIG chapatis, all you need to do is put some butter may be and heat it.. Got pickle, papad, mustard seeds too.. :)
After coming home, heated ysdy's remaining rice.. Made 2 egg bulls-eye, and made 3 chapatis hot.. And there yu go - I had my dinner table set.. 3 chapatis, egg, brown sauce in 1 plate.. Rice, yogurt and pickle in another.. Too lazy to make papad.. :D
And I hope I don't have to mentioned how it felt.. :)
I can barely move now.. Had a cup of hot chocolate too.. Just for kicks.. :)
So another day at the kitchen.. Went well.. I wish to make uppumaav(salt-mango-tree) tmrw for breakfast.. Now thats a big challenge.. Cos it take some effort to make it perfect.. Although an easy dish to prepare for any mallu mom(and I am no mummy).. :P
I think most of my posts have a slight inclination towards food.. hehehe.. Will try to post about things in general..
Until then.. Good Night..!!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, blog is looking goooood! Stop eating so much - just out of excitement! :)

    Tell more about the university and the people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will surely write about that.. :)
    Food some how has found an important place in my heart.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. /I bought a pack of BIG chapatis, all you need to do is put some butter may be and heat it.. Got pickle, papad, mustard seeds too.. :)/

    What did you do with the mustard seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. used the mustard seeds for preparing uppumaav.. Just kind of listed the stuff I bought.. Dint use it with the chapati.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :) Liked ur profile photo most :D ..........

    Nice to hear u have started cooking ......cook well....u will have good demand in marriage market ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe...!!
    Also with these days girls not getting into the kitchen a all, the most important thing -FOOD would be a problem.. So have to take care of myself.. :P
    But the post eating part is a pain.. Washing plates, cleaning the kitchen and all is a pain..:(

    ReplyDelete