Anyways I got a mail today about a trek that is happening tmrw.. So am looking forward to that..
We are going to Glendalough.. The place is supposed to be really beautiful from what I have heard from others and from the pics I have seen..
So all the PhD/Post Docs/Profs involved with the GeoComputing lab are going..
View Larger Map
The path to be taken by the bus to get to Glendalough might be different from this result.
This is the Plan:
We leave at 9am. We should arrive at around 10.30 in Glendalough. Start the Trek by 11 and hopefully leave back by bus from there around 5:30-6ish.
Two main hikes are planned:
http://www.wicklownationalpark.ie/pages/walkingtrails.php
The easier walk in described at this link as the Miners Road Walk. Plan to extend up into the Glenealo valley.

The Moderate Walk is the Spinc and Glenealo Valley Walk.
The hard walk will continue from the Glenealo Valley onto the returning valley ridge.
Equipment suggestions are as follows:
Comfortable walking cloths, jeans are not suggested as they shrink and tighten if they get wet, obviously uncomfortable, but also take ages to dry out, however, they are not banned either.
Comfortable walking shoes/boots for the easy or moderate hikes will be fine as they are on good tracks or walkways throughout. The Hard hike will require a good set of hiking boots, anything less could get destroyed and very wet.
A warm sweater/fleece if it gets cold.
A good rain jacket.
A 10 or 12kg backpack to carry this gear, not a €2 Dunnes stores reusable shopping bag!!!!
A large packed lunch, plenty of water, fruit, chocolate bars etc... :)
P.S.: The above few lines are taken from the email that was sent.. So I guess I have to obey them and carry the chocolate bars.. I hate disobeying people.. When there is a rule, we must follow.. :P
I guess I have already collected enough stuff to carry tmrw.. Just hope I am able to walk with the bag behind.. :D
Am sooper hungry now.. Lemme go prepare something for dinner..
Cya..
Good Night..!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment