Thursday, May 28, 2009

Barca wins their third Champions League title..!!

Well yesterday I ensured I finish up work asap and get ready to watch the Champions League finals.. Barca Vs Man Utd.. Wanted to watch it at Carton House as Celestine called over but then we changed plans and watched it at the 'Saints Bar' at the Glenroyal Hotel.. Was good as many football enthusiasts were around.. I had white wine and boy never knew wine would give such a kick.. Ok, I know I am very bad with this.. But still.. Wine? hmmm.. :D

I so wished Chelsea made it to the finals and beat the crap out of Man Utd.. :P
Wasn't to be so.. And I thought Iniesta was indeed the player of the day yesterday too.. Assists for both the goals scored at the final.. A wonderful run from midfield to the Man U goal and Eto'o with a wonderful finish.. 10 mins into the game..
The initial 10 mins were all Man U and looked good to score but then this goal changed things around.. Never again in the game did Man U look good to win.. And post half time, I expected a great show my Man U, but then it wasn't to be so.. And with Messi with a wonderful header to score his team's 2nd and that almost sealed the fate of the match..


And then you could see the frustration among the Man U lads.. Ronaldo with some unwanted elbowing.. Also fouls by Scholes and others too..
Ronaldo:

Barcelona has always been my fav Spanish club.. And yesterday they totally deserved the win.. And this time around Man U had to be happy with the various other cups they won this year including the EPL..

2009 Champions League Title: Barcelona:

Hope Chelsea comes back next year with a better team.. Lets see.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment