Monday, May 11, 2009

A nice monday..!! :)

Today I had to wake up really early.. @ 6:30am my phone rings.. And I see its mummy.. Was too lazy to pick up the fone.. Its been a while since I woke up that early..
But then I managed to get up and answer it.. So the 1st thing she says is that Nicky(my bro) and mom will be coming online in a bit and they are ready to see me give them a life video coverage of my home.. Have done it before for my friends.. It was the 1st time Bro and mom were to have a video chat.. So I told them its ok to take sometime. I had to clean up room.. All the washed clothes that were on the other cot in my room, I quickly folded and stuffed it in the cupboard.. And book the books and papers in place and shoes in place.. Phew..!! I wanted to do all this yesterday itself and finally it has to be in this 20mins so early on a Monday morning..!! :P
Washed my face and sat in front of the comp waiting for them.. In another 5mins time they were online.. And then had a chat for about 2 hrs.. Showed them around my house.. The remaining butter chicken and everything that was stocked up in the fridge..
And then finally settled down and were having a chat.. Thats when I was telling her about the students in my lab I told her that initially when I joined the students asked me if I was engaged/married.. Thats cos I wear this rosary ring on my left hand ring finger.. And when I took my finger closer and explained thats when they realized it was a rosary ring.. :D
So she was like, aaah well thats good so dont remove the ring.. So that nobody will come after you I believe cos they will think I am already married.. :P
Like how in Telugu-naad the toe rings are quite famous.. :)
I was like ya right like these people have no other better job than to check my relationship status.. :D

Also questions like why are there 2 cots in my room.. hehehe.. Our lady and her bhayams.. I told her that it was for my girl friend when she comes down for summer from Czech Republic.. :P
Anyways was good fun chatting up with her.. Think she was pretty amused by the technology.. And then we ran out of news to tell and it had been 2 hrs and I was sooper hungry, so I said I had to go.. :)

Today during lunch, we had one of the funniest conversations I ever had with the guys in my lab.. Regarding online relationships/dating, watching a movie with your girlfriend/boyfriend, smooching in theaters, on eating habits on a date, on dates in general, and so on.. man hilarious stuff.. These guys are absolute nut cases.. Am so glad I am not stuck with a bunch of really really intelligent and not-so-funny people.. These guys are absolute fun.. Except from the fact you cant speak in either of these languages:
Manglish(Malayalam + English mix),
Tanglish (Tamil + English mix),
Hinglish(Hindi + English mix) and
Kundlish (Telugu + English mix)
:D

And today I am a wee bit happier cos I finally did some work on the paper I was to write.. Got started on it.. Should complete it asap.. :)

Need to make plans for dinner.. Having some chicken+egg noodles for the time being..

Alrighty then.. Good Night..!!

2 comments: