Well yesterday was a wonderful day.. Had to wake up a little early than usual.. A very tough thing to do in this part of the globe.. But then thinking of what was to follow, I did manage to pull myself up..
Quickly packed and left to the University where the bus was waiting.. So we started off at 9 and had to pick a couple of guys on the way.. And reached Glendalough Hotel around 10:30.. And as planned we started the trek at 11.. What started off as an easy walk, got tougher as we went further.. But many a times we saw 3 generations of ppl trekking together.. Now that was quite a wonderful thing.. Kid with his dad and grand dad, very sweet and stopping at spots to click pics.. Meanwhile we kept going and finally stopped for lunch.. And boy all were pretty hungry.. What started off as a lousy rainy day got warm and sunny and everyone just loved the feel of the sun.. Like I always say, they just love the sun.. We saw a few wild goat and some deers.. The lakes were gorgeous and the landscape was breath taking.. We also saw the place where an old monastery which was now a heritage stop and also the old cemetery where one of my colleague's grand dad is buried and he was saying that his grand dad s one of the last people to be buried there and this place is no longer open..
My PhD guide, he got his dog along and came by car.. The dog or should I say bitch is a 10 year old and he calls her Cara.. :)
Our group photo looked like the United Colors of Benetton ad- Irish, Polish, Chinese, Swedish, Germans and Indians.. The 2 Indians provided the variety with respect to color.. :P
I wasn't able to do one leg of the trek which involved more slushy landscape cos our group leader felt that it wouldn't be a decision for me to do that with the shoes I had on.. I so missed not having proper hiking shoes..
Anyways Paul was saying that we cn do this trek again before the end of summer..
So only a few who had them, went for that bit.. While the others took another route back to the hotel..
Since it was very sunny, people wanted to sip on beer and sit outdoors under the sun.. So Guinness it was for many.. A few others including me just had the ice cream from a shop their... Was yum..!!:D
And for all those who feel i have too much chocolates and ice creams, you must check the guys here..
My guide, he has a bar of chocolate with coffee in the University.. And almost everybody in the group, trips on ice cream and chocolates.. :)
So its just not me..
Well another thing I saw was many people were on their bicycles and riding through the nearby roads which were quite challenging..
Also saw a few drool maals.. :)
Motorcycle it ees.. Best was this couple I saw in complete motorcycle gear.. Sexy helmets too.. I was like wow.. But the best part was she wasn't riding pillion.. They were on separate bikes which was all the more cooler.. She on a Honda Cruiser, and the husband on a BMW Tourer.. Doesn't get any better that that.. Sigh..!!
And while we were sitting outside and having our ice creams and beer, we saw a lot of well dressed men and women in complete suit and all.. Thats wen we realized there was a wedding to happen in a while.. After sometime we saw the bride's maids(all sooper gorgeous women.. :P) arrive and then the couple.. Very sweet and they were just walking around and clicking pics before the function started and they had the attention of almost everyone in the hotel.. :)
Finally we left and were back at Maynooth by 7.. And thats when people were like ok lets freshen up and get back to The Roost at 8.. Man.. These guys just love their beer.. And every meeting has to end at the bar..
I came back home and was too lazy and tired to go back.. So was at home.. Then I was sooper hungry.. And had nothing to eat.. So I had to prepare something..
Finally I made- More kaachee(Spiced butter milk) and Aloo Peas Masala.. Had it with rice and pickle. :)
Man was sooper hungry.. And dinner was yum.. Also for value addition, cut fruits(read: orange, banana, apple) and had it with ice cream.. So that was my Fruit salad with ice cream bit.. :P
I so miss not having a cam.. Will put up pics of the trip when I get them.. Some which I clicked using others cam..:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment