Trip(by car) to Kerry was probably the best weekend so far.. 3 day long weekend.. Fishing, Camping- Tents, Beach, food, Barbecue, Beer.. Absolute fun..
2) Irish Grand Prix (August - 8th,9th)- http://www.phoenixparkmotorraces.eu/
Watched the Irish grand prix at Phoenix Park.. Lots of kitted cars.. Kitted Ferrari and a cobra were the best of the lot.. Annual event- free for all.. Car races.. Motorcycle doing laps.. Amazing atmosphere.. Met this 63 yr old guy who is off to India with wifey and 2 other friends.. They plan to rent bullets and do a ride around Nainital and Dehradun.. :(
He goes to India once a year for bike rides..
Here he rode this 750cc beast.. A Honda.. Absolutely loud machine..
Just found the pic of my new friend: http://picasaweb.google.com/TimCrowley0/Park?authkey=Gv1sRgCNvn37Sw6sfzyQE#5368837319284803970
And thats his beast..
Met up with the other bikers.. All around 50-60 yrs of age.. Some of them have done the Isle of Man TT race during the 1960s/70s.. I was totally bowled over by their passion and enthusiasm.. Spent the whole evening chatting up with those guys listening to their experiences.. He also told me about this Irish lady who a RTE channel presenter and went to Kerala and liked the place so much that she now owns a hotel(http://raheemresidency.com/) there and runs it.. :).. Their bikes don't have a kick start even.. Need to push em to start.. or use that motor with a rotating belt which is placed behind the bike near the back wheel and once the back wheel starts to rotate, puts it into gear.. :)
They all part of this club: http://www.dunboynemotorclub.com/
Got pics to that event from their album: http://picasaweb.google.com/TimCrowley0/Park?authkey=Gv1sRgCNvn37Sw6sfzyQE#
The guy on the right won the car race event.. http://picasaweb.google.com/TimCrowley0/Park?authkey=Gv1sRgCNvn37Sw6sfzyQE#5368836172619289650
They have invited me to come over and watch the event - Street Racing at Dunboyne.. Its just 10km from where I stay.. So I can't wait for Oct 3rd.. :)
Another biker friend I made that day has taken a pic of me standing with the car race winner.. I was told I will get the pic only when I come over to watch their race event.. :)
3) Watched: Kaminey and Love Aaj Kal..
Comes with English subtitles, so must consider taking people from other countries to the movies.. ;)
4) Went around Temple Bar and visited the Hard Rock Cafe (August 22/23).. And I had: Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae :)
5) Lance Armstrong: August 25th: The man did a ride around Phoenix Park.. Part of the Livestrong Foundation Awareness Campaign.. So had to go watch him ride.. What was supposed to be a 3 lap ride, ended up being around 8-9.. He just wouldn't stop! :)

great updates da.. just checked out the links.. some real enthusiasts ! and that raheemresidency thing is cool too.
ReplyDeleteYa man.. Am all excited about seeing the street race thing Oct 1st week.. Should be fun I guess.. Cars/Bikes... And there was this 50cc Honda that could rev upto 14k RPM.. insane it was.. :D
ReplyDeleteHope I would get to do a few meters on anyone of those machines.. :) Me nose it is the athyagrahams.. But what to do..
So when we reach the 'kuzhilek kaalum neeti irikunna' stage, we too can do all this da.. Wifenmaars and pilaar wont be a problem then(I guess :D).. We are never late for anything.. There is always time.. :)