Friday, August 28, 2009

Conference @ our University

August 19th-21st was the China-Ireland Conference..
I got to present my first paper here.. Was not as bad as I thought.. But could have done better.. Also the way I handled one of the questions shot at me.. Could have answered it better.. :)
Anyways, on 19th, we went for the Vikings Splash Tour.. This is where we go around the City of Dublin in a Boat-like-bus..


And every time the driver counts to 3, we have to scream at the top of our voice in order to scare the living daylight out of some random people on the road who haven't noticed us coming.. Was good fun.. Had a great laugh.. Got to put on the Vikings head gear.. :P


Blazej and Prof:


After going around Dublin for a while, we would then take a splash into the river near by.. Was good fun.. This was followed by dinner at Ocean Bar... A really nice place.. And my prof also got me a pint of Guinness.. :)

Next day everyone was waiting for the morning sessions to finish as we all were heading to Newgrange..




This was followed by dinner at BarbersTown Castle..
Dinner was good(as you can see):


Followed by Kattan Kaapi:


And then we had the best bit: Irish Music, Irish Dance lessons and Tin whistle lessons.. :)
Irish Music:


And the wonderful lady also sang 'Whiskey in the jar' for me.. I love that song.. :)

Here is my dancing partner.. A very cute Chinese girl ;)

Also is Neil- My lab mate and friend..

My professor had taken videos of the dance.. Yet to get it off him.. All that and many more pics from the night..

2 comments:

  1. enthu ??? cute chinese girl'o:D ?? upload the
    videos !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...

    Ya I will once I get it.. Will get it from my Prof..

    ReplyDelete